Local COVID-19 Resources & Services

Like RCIL, many of our local businesses, agencies, and other groups in our communities have changed procedures, added services, changed their hours, or meetings due to recent stay at home orders.  These businesses are still open to serve you and many are providing curbside service – make sure you call ahead to confirm!  Please check back often and let us know of any changes that are not listed here as these resources and schedules are subject to rapid changes.

Emergency Food Distribution:

  • DCF is partnering with local agencies around the state to distribute emergency food.  There are no income restrictions for the disaster household program. Anyone in need due to the COVID-19 pandemic may receive a food package. The program is first come, first served. Quantities are limited.

Osage County:

  • The Osage City Library hosts the Catholic Charities resource bus to distribute food, clothing, diapers, books, personal hygiene items, and seasonal items.  Other services (rent/utility assistance) are also available by appointment 2 weeks in advance just call 913.433.2039
  • ECKAN’s office is still operating – anyone in need of diapers, formula or wipes – they are assisting by appointment at this time.
  • ECKAN is also available for anyone needing food.  Call Janet 785.221.7687 or Carolyn 785.528.4578 to schedule a pick up.
  • Delivery Services
    • The Osage County Sheriff’s Office is available to pick up groceries, prescriptions, and Help House orders for those who are home bound or have medical issues and shouldn’t leave home.  This free service is available Monday to Friday 9 am to 3 pm by calling 785.828.4657
    • The Osage City UMC is also available to deliver items within Osage City.  Call the UMC and leave a message at 785.528.4443
  • Jerry’s Thriftway offers curbside or delivery service by calling 785-528-3065 from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm Monday thru Friday to place your order.  If you must come to the store please make one trip for what you need and only have one family member do the shopping. If an item you want has been out of stock please call the store at 785-528-3065 to see if they are in stock before coming in. They encourage you to call in your grocery order for either curbside service or delivery by the Osage County Sheriff’s office. 
  • The Cotton O’Neil clinic is still seeing patients by telemedicine or in person, but trying to do telemedicine if possible.
  • CrossWinds is adopting innovative service delivery measures, including the use of technology, such as telephone and televideo appointments, to meet the needs of their clients.
  • CrossWinds is also announcing the launch of a mental health COVID-19 response line to assist anyone in need of non emergent mental health services to assess their situation, provide information, and create a personalized plan for clients/residents to deal with the impacts of COVID-19. Information will include common signs and symptoms, interventions, and other mental health resources to utilize during this pandemic situation. Staff members working the response line will help connect callers to services as needed as well as to other community resources available. By calling the COVID-19 mental health response line at (800) 279-3645 or the main office at (620) 343-2211 callers can select option 4 (Mental Health COVID response team) and speak to a CrossWinds team member who is trained in responding to community emergencies. If callers do not reach a staff person, please leave a message. All calls will be answered or returned within 24 hours of normal business hours, Monday through Friday 8 am – 4 pm.
  • Frontier Extension District offices are closed to the public, but staff is working via telecommunication.  Feel free to call us with your questions.  See more resources & information at the website.
  • Midland Care is still providing services and still accepting referrals for every program. (Hospice, Home Health, PACE, etc.)  With added precautions, they are still providing services in patients’ homes and places of residence.
  • Osage County Health Department – Jackie Patterson, RN, Director and Public Health Officer, 103 E 9th, Lyndon, KS 66451; 785.828.3117  For up-to-date information about COVID-19, visit our Facebook Page at: Osage County Health Department.  For COVID-19 After Hours Hotline, call 785.219.1680
  • Senior Meals Sites available for those over the age of 60.  For a grab and go hot meal at lunch, it is required to call the local individual site and reserve a meal the day ahead.  Homebound participants are still being served by the Meals on Wheels program.  For additional questions, contact the East Central Kansas Area Agency on Aging Main office in Ottawa at 785.242.7200.
    • Burlingame Townsite Community Center, 116 W Lincoln, Monday – Friday at 10 am – 1 pm with the meal served at noon.
    • Carbondale Community Building, 228 Main St, Monday – Friday at 10 am – 1 pm with the meal served at noon.
    • Osage County Senior Center, 604 Market St, Monday – Friday at 9:45 am – 12:45 pm with the meal served at 11:45 am.
  • Help House is also still operational serving all of Osage County to anyone who has a need for food or emergencies.  Curbside service is available by appointment only by calling 785-828-4888 on Mondays from 4 – 8 pm and Tuesday – Friday from 9 am – 1 pm.  Only accepting donations of food and/or monetary gifts at this time.
    • Help House is “The Emergency Food Assistance Program” (TEFAP) distributor for Osage County. The commodities are in addition to the client’s regular food items from the Help House Pantry. You do not have to be a client to receive the TEFAP food. You do need to sign a Declaratory Statement that you meet the guidelines set for the program. Questions? Call 785.828.4888.
  • SNAP – Assistance available for completing the SNAP application process:
    • Help House is available to assist families with SNAP applications by calling 785.828.4888.
    • Harvesters staff can assist individuals over the phone by calling 877.653.9522 or emailing
    • Kansas Appleseed
    • Kansas Food Bank (Anderson Co), 316.265.FOOD
  • Harvester’s Mobile Distribution for Osage County
    • Burlingame – 3rd Thursday of the month 10 am at Burlingame Federated Church, 322 S. Topeka Ave.  Call 785.654.3851
    • Carbondale – 2nd Tuesday of the month 12 pm at Carbondale Church of Christian Fellowship.  Call 785.828.4888
    • Lyndon – 3rd Friday of the month 12 pm at Jones Park in Lyndon.  Call 785.828.4888
    • Melvern – 3rd Thursday of the month 12:30 pm at Melvern Community Center, 102 NE Main.
    • Osage City – 3rd Thursday of the month 10 am, at Osage City Community Center, 517 S. 1st St.  Call 785.528.5184
  • Kansas Farm Families there are numerous groups who can help, including the Kansas Agricultural Mediation Services,  Kansas Ag Stress,  AgManager.info, and the National Farmworker Jobs Program.

Butler County:

  • Butler County Transportation – Medically necessary appointments only. Please call (316) 775-0500
  • Butler County Dept. on Aging – Grocery shopping and pick up. If you are over the age of 60 and need someone to pick up your groceries please call (316) 775-0500
  • South Central Mental Health – All clinics remain open at this time. Tele-video and telephone sessions are available. You or your insurance carrier will be billed for all services.  If you are currently receiving care, your provider will be in contact with you to discuss your needs. Face-to-face appointments continue with added safety precautions in place. Some services are available by phone.
  • Wal-Mart – Wal-Mart has pick up option. Please see website for changes regarding store hours and Pharmacy.
  • Family Life Center of Butler County (Safe House) – To get a protection order you will need to call the Safe House and receive instructions. The only way to get PFA is through Safe House at this time (not at court house).  If you are in need of crisis services for domestic violence or sexual assault please call 316-321-7104 or 911.
  • Dillon’s – Dillon’s has pick up option and Pharmacy delivery. Please see their website for changes regarding store hours.
  • True Care Pharmacy – Drive thru is open. Pharmacy is encouraging customers to use delivery option. (316) 321-5330
  • Butler County Services – Please see this page for the latest COVID-19 facts, county building closures, landfill info, etc.
  • Community Access Network (utility assistance) – closed until further notice.
  • First Baptist Church – Food pantry that can be accessed once every 6 months. (316) 321-3266
  • Salvation Army food boxes are still available, prepackaged and by appointment only.  Utility assistance is available by appointment only.  Free bread and dessert boxes every Friday at 1 pm, at the Salvation Army garage in the 200 west block on 1st street. Stay in your car until 1:00 pm (do not make a line) and practice 6 ft of distance between you and others.
  • 12 Baskets food distribution – 3rd Saturday every month
    • Please do not arrive before 8 a.m.
    • Please DO NOT exit your vehicle for any reason. (Make sure you use the restroom at home before you head our way!)
    • Please line up starting in the alley behind the church (in your vehicle) and then form a line to the east on Locust and then to the south on Emporia then to the west on Carr and then north on Topeka.
    • They will check you in at the entrance to the alley.
    • Please have your trunk or backseat prepared for receiving a box. If possible, pop your trunk or open your backseat door once you reach the front of the line.

Lyon County:

  • Catholic Charities resource bus comes to St. Catherine’s Church to distribute food, clothing, diapers, books, personal hygiene items, and seasonal items.  Other services (rent/utility assistance) are also available by appointment 2 weeks in advance just call 913.433.2039
  • United Way of the Flinthills is available by calling 2-1-1 their 24/7 hotline that can connect you to services in our community.  You can also search online at 211kansas.org
  • Free prescription discounts and delivery assistance is available via FamilyWize and CVS or Walgreens
  • Financial Counseling is available at H.C.C.I. Inc with phone and video financial counseling services. Call 800-383-0217 for more information.
  • The John & Frances Ice Soup Kitchen & Food Pantry:  schedule and information and en Espanol
  • Corner House offers telephone counseling for those experiencing addiction. Call 620-342-3015 for more information.
  • CrossWinds Counseling offers phone and video conferencing for those in need of therapy services. Call 800-279-3645.
  • SOS has advocates available 24/7 to assist with sexual and domestic violence, child abuse and neglect through their hotline number, 800-825-1295.
  • Additional food resources in Lyon County.
  • Updates for COVID-19 in Lyon County can be found at the Lyon County Health Department

Coffey County:

  • Residents can receive help through Coffey County Resource Council at 620-364-8631.
  • Updates for COVID-19 in Coffey County can be found at the Coffey County Health Department

Allen County:

Anderson County:

Linn County:

Morris County:

  • Morris County Care and Share is available to help by phone; in-person visits are no longer available.  If you are in need of food or financial assistance in Morris County, please call 620-767-3707.

Douglas County:

  • Farm to Fork program connecting local farmers to consumers

Sedgwick County:

  • Donations and requests for assistance are being collected at the Convoy of Hope All items (except toilet paper – single rolls are accepted) must be new and in original packaging, if applicable.

Stress Management Resources for Managed Care Organization Members:

Other COVID-19 Resources:

Other Resources

We have many documents, applications, and websites that can help you or someone you know remain or become independent! These resources range from National organizations, Kansas programs, down to your local resources. We are in the process of adding many items to this page so check back frequently. If you have a question on these resources just contact your local RCIL office!

There is a Resource Library in every RCIL office that has a computer and internet access, a wide variety of informational brochures on community resources, disability information, navigating the Social Security and Medicaid or Medicare systems, and lots more. You can use the library on your own or with the assistance of an Independent Living Specialist.

Disability Info – Offers a broad range of valuable information, not only for people with disabilities, but also their family members, employers, service providers and many others.

ADA Resources

Advocacy Groups

Assistive Technology

Benefits & Services

Centers for Independent Living

Community Developmental Disability Organization



Food Resources

Government / Voting

Housing Resources

Kansas Resources



Resources for Specific Disabilities

Safety / Emergency Preparedness


National Organizations & Resources