COVID-19 Assistance

Local COVID-19 Resources & Services

Like RCIL, many of our local businesses, agencies, and other groups in our communities have changed procedures, added services, changed their hours, or meetings due to the pandemic.  These businesses are still open to serve you and many are still providing curbside service – make sure you call ahead to confirm! Please check back often and let us know of any changes that are not listed here as these resources and schedules are subject to changes.

Emergency Food Distribution:

  • DCF is partnering with local agencies around the state to distribute emergency food.  There are no income restrictions for the disaster household program. Anyone in need due to the COVID-19 pandemic may receive a food package. The program is first come, first served. Quantities are limited.

Osage County:

  • The Osage City Library hosts the Catholic Charities resource bus to distribute food, clothing, diapers, books, personal hygiene items, and seasonal items from 10 AM – 3 PM or until supplies run out.  Other services (rent/utility assistance) are also available by appointment 2 weeks in advance just call 913.433.2039
  • ECKAN’s office offers anyone in need of diapers, formula or wipes – call them directly for more information.
  • Jerry’s Thriftway offers curbside or delivery service by calling 785-528-3065 from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm Monday thru Friday to place your orderThey encourage you to call in your grocery order for either curbside service or delivery. 
  • The Cotton O’Neil clinic is seeing patients by telemedicine or in person.
  • CrossWinds is adopting innovative service delivery measures, including the use of technology, such as telephone and televideo appointments, to meet the needs of their clients.
  • CrossWinds is also announcing the launch of a mental health COVID-19 response line to assist anyone in need of non emergent mental health services to assess their situation, provide information, and create a personalized plan for clients/residents to deal with the impacts of COVID-19. Information will include common signs and symptoms, interventions, and other mental health resources to utilize during this pandemic situation. Staff members working the response line will help connect callers to services as needed as well as to other community resources available. By calling the COVID-19 mental health response line at (800) 279-3645 or the main office at (620) 343-2211 callers can select option 4 (Mental Health COVID response team) and speak to a CrossWinds team member who is trained in responding to community emergencies. If callers do not reach a staff person, please leave a message. All calls will be answered or returned within 24 hours of normal business hours, Monday through Friday 8 am – 4 pm.
  • Frontier Extension District Feel free to call us with your questions.  See more resources & information at the website.
  • Midland Care is providing services and accepting referrals for every program. (Hospice, Home Health, PACE, etc.)  With added precautions, they are still providing services in patients’ homes and places of residence.
  • Osage County Health Department – For up-to-date information about COVID-19, visit the Facebook Page at: Osage County Health Department.  For COVID-19 After Hours Hotline, call 785.219.1680
  • Senior Meals Sites available for those over the age of 60.  For a grab and go hot meal at lunch, it is required to call the local individual site and reserve a meal the day ahead.  Homebound participants are still being served by the Meals on Wheels program.  For additional questions, contact the East Central Kansas Area Agency on Aging Main office in Ottawa at 785.242.7200.
    • Burlingame Townsite Community Center, 116 W Lincoln, Monday – Friday at 10 am – 1 pm with the meal served at noon.
    • Carbondale Community Building, 228 Main St, Monday – Friday at 10 am – 1 pm with the meal served at noon.
    • Osage County Senior Center, 604 Market St, Monday – Friday at 9:45 am – 12:45 pm with the meal served at 11:45 am.
  • Help House is serving all of Osage County to anyone who has a need for food or emergencies.  Curbside service is available by appointment only by calling 785-828-4888 on Mondays from 4 – 7 pm and Tuesday – Friday from 10 am – 1 pm. 
    • Help House is “The Emergency Food Assistance Program” (TEFAP) distributor for Osage County. The commodities are in addition to the client’s regular food items from the Help House Pantry. You do not have to be a client to receive the TEFAP food. You do need to sign a Declaratory Statement that you meet the guidelines set for the program. Questions? Call 785.828.4888.
  • SNAP – Assistance available for completing the SNAP application process:
    • Help House is unavailable to assist families with SNAP applications.
    • Harvesters staff can assist individuals over the phone by calling 877.653.9522 or emailing
    • Kansas Appleseed
    • Kansas Food Bank (Anderson Co), 316.265.FOOD
  • Harvester’s Mobile Distribution
    • Burlingame – 3rd Thursday of the month 10 am at Burlingame Federated Church, 322 S. Topeka Ave.  Call 785.654.3851
    • Carbondale – 2nd Tuesday of the month 12 pm at Carbondale Church of Christian Fellowship.  Call 785.828.4888
    • Lyndon – 3rd Friday of the month 12 pm at Jones Park in Lyndon.  Call 785.828.4888
    • Melvern – 3rd Thursday of the month 12:30 pm at Melvern Community Center, 102 NE Main.
    • Osage City – 3rd Thursday of the month 10 am, at Osage City Community Center, 517 S. 1st St.  Call 785.528.5184
  • Kansas Farm Families there are numerous groups who can help, including the Kansas Agricultural Mediation Services,  Kansas Ag Stress,, and the National Farmworker Jobs Program.

Butler County:

  • Butler County Dept. on Aging – Grocery shopping and pick up. If you are over the age of 60 and need someone to pick up your groceries please call (316) 775-0500
  • South Central Mental Health – Tele-video and telephone sessions are available. You or your insurance carrier will be billed for all services.  Face-to-face appointments continue with added safety precautions in place. Some services are available by phone.
  • Family Life Center of Butler County (Safe House) – To get a protection order you will need to call the Safe House and receive instructions. The only way to get PFA is through Safe House at this time (not at court house).  If you are in need of crisis services for domestic violence or sexual assault please call 316-321-7104 or 911.
  • Dillon’s – Dillon’s has pick up option and Pharmacy delivery. Please see their website for changes regarding store hours.
  • True Care Pharmacy – Drive thru is open. Pharmacy is encouraging customers to use delivery option. (316) 321-5330
  • First Baptist Church – Food pantry that can be accessed once every 6 months. (316) 321-3266
  • Salvation Army food boxes are still available, prepackaged and by appointment only.  Utility assistance is available by appointment only.  Free bread and dessert boxes every Friday at 1 pm, at the Salvation Army garage in the 200 west block on 1st street. Stay in your car until 1:00 pm (do not make a line) and practice 6 ft of distance between you and others.
  • 12 Baskets food distribution – 3rd Saturday every month
    • Please do not arrive before 8 a.m.
    • Please DO NOT exit your vehicle for any reason. (Make sure you use the restroom at home before you head our way!)
    • Please line up starting in the alley behind the church (in your vehicle) and then form a line to the east on Locust and then to the south on Emporia then to the west on Carr and then north on Topeka.
    • They will check you in at the entrance to the alley.
    • Please have your trunk or backseat prepared for receiving a box. If possible, pop your trunk or open your backseat door once you reach the front of the line.

Lyon County:

  • Catholic Charities resource bus will be at St. Catherine’s Church to distribute food, clothing, diapers, books, personal hygiene items, and seasonal items from 9:30 AM – 2:30 PM on the second Wednesday of the month.  Other services (rent/utility assistance) are also available by appointment 2 weeks in advance just call 913.433.2039
  • United Way of the Flinthills is available by calling 2-1-1 their 24/7 hotline that can connect you to services in our community.  You can also search online at
  • Free prescription discounts and delivery assistance is available via FamilyWize and CVS or Walgreens
  • Financial Counseling is available at H.C.C.I. Inc with phone and video financial counseling services. Call 800-383-0217 for more information.
  • The John & Frances Ice Soup Kitchen & Food Pantry:  schedule and information and en Espanol
  • Corner House offers telephone counseling for those experiencing addiction. Call 620-342-3015 for more information.
  • CrossWinds Counseling offers phone and video conferencing for those in need of therapy services. Call 800-279-3645.
  • SOS has advocates available 24/7 to assist with sexual and domestic violence, child abuse and neglect through their hotline number, 800-825-1295.
  • Additional food resources in Lyon County.

Coffey County:

  • Residents can receive help through Coffey County Resource Council at 620-364-8631.

Allen County:

Linn County:

Morris County:

  • Morris County Care and Share is available to help.  If you are in need of food or financial assistance in Morris County, please call 620-767-6801.

Douglas County:

Sedgwick County:

  • Donations and requests for assistance are being collected at the Convoy of Hope All items must be new and in original packaging, if applicable.

Stress Management Resources for Managed Care Organization Members:

Other COVID-19 Resources: