Transportation for Vaccinations
Interested in receiving the COVID-19 vaccination, but need a ride? You might be eligible for a free ride with Uber through the Vaccine Access Fund.
- Reach the service by calling their partner, GoGoGrandparent at (855) 921-0033
- Say that you would like to book a free ride to and from your vaccine location, and they will be able to order on your behalf
- Individuals may also be eligible for a free ride through Lyft, in areas with United Way partnerships (AL, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, LA, MD, MA, MO, NC, NE, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI) and for vaccination sites with a designated pickup/dropoff location
- Visit lyft.com/vax to complete an online screening tool
- If you are on KanCare (Medicaid), contact your health insurance provider for assistance arranging transportation to your vaccine appointment
If the individual does not have internet access, they can call the United Way 2-1-1 line for details. Note that 2-1-1 specialists will ask a few more questions to see if you qualify for free transportation through this program. Local United Way contact information can be found on their website at 211kansas.myresourcedirectory.com